Attendant Ghosts (Cleveland Poets) Review

Attendant Ghosts (Cleveland Poets)
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
So much of a reader's interpretation of poetry, after the first time reading it, is based on feeling. When I finished the last poem, I felt like I had a very sick and dying relative--one I loved greatly--and after a long period of suffering, she finally dropped away peacefully. There is so much hope and sadness in these pages that it will take at least two read throughs until I can begin dissecting the cerebral aspect of the poems (and there is much: angels, ashes, whiskey, and the color grey). There were sittings when I could read three or four poems and there were times when I could only get through one. And every time I left the folded book feeling satisfied. These are poems to read before bedtime, substituted for that shot of whiskey mixed with ashes. Congrats, George. Someday the philistines will know your name as well.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Attendant Ghosts (Cleveland Poets)

"The poems of George Looney speak the language of the dream world. This is a vividly surreal landscape of wind and smoke, crowded with ghosts, angels, drunks, defrocked priests. It's a haunting, intense vision that will not be deinied." Martin Espada

Buy Now

Click here for more information about Attendant Ghosts (Cleveland Poets)

0 comments:

Post a Comment